The fly spray I recommend is:
Farnam® Bronco E Fly Spray
***And here are the reasons:***
1. This particular kind, is the only fly spray that I can handle the smell of
(the others make me nauseous).
2. It works great to repel flies.
3. It is very inexpensive, ($6.99 from Dover), so you will not 'break the bank.'
4. It is completely mild and non irritating (I will spray the Bronco onto a cloth and wipe it around my horse's eyes while I am riding, without fear
of causing irritation to this sensitive area).
5. It comes with a fantastic sprayer; that will never clog, (one of my biggest pet peeves),
will never break, and has very powerful pressure.
I go through ridiculous amounts each summer, with all my horses, and should definitely invest in stock for the company! I personally do not like the upgraded version of this Bronco, called Bronco Gold ( in the gold bottle). I think the horses actually like to be sprayed with this fly spray, they seem to learn that the spray provides relief.
I also think that they like the feel of the mist on their bodies.
Bronco E Equine Fly Spray insecticide and repellent spray is for horses, ponies, foals and their premises. Repels and kills stable flies, horse flies, house flies, face flies, horn flies, deer flies, mosquitoes, lice, fleas, ticks, chiggers and gnats. Bronco-e Equine Fly Spray contains 0.033% prallethrin, 0.50% piperonyl butoxide, and 0.10% permethrin. Citronella scent.